We here at Pirate and Mermaid Vacations are over the moon of Endor excited to share the news that the Star Wars Day at Sea cruises will be returning on select 7-night eastern and western Caribbean sailings of the Disney Fantasy in 2017. 15Star Wars Day at Sea sailings will leave from Port Canaveral from early January through mid-April. Each Star Wars Day at Sea Cruise will offer special themed activities and fun (see full list below.)
Thanks to having cruised on the second sailing in Star Wars Day at Sea cruise in 2016 Pirate and Mermaid Vacations is able to give you first hand experience information on these sailings. These cruises are a blast for Disney and Star Wars fans alike. From the special character meet and greets, to the special Star Wars themed dinner, and the movie showings we had an absolute blast on our Star Wars Day at Sea Cruise this January. We had a wonderful time and made some amazing new friends while seeing some great old ones!
Each Western Caribbean Star Wars Day at Sea Cruise includes stops in Tortola and St. Thomas/St. John, and each Eastern Caribbean Star Wars Day at Sea cruises will include stops in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Both fun-filled itineraries will offer stops at Disney’s Castaway Cay and 3 days at sea—one Star Wars themed and of course a Disney Cruise Line Pirate Night!! Each Star Wars Day at Sea Cruise will have special themed activities and fun (see full list below.)
2017 Star Wars Day at Sea Western Caribbean sailings will depart on January 7 and 21; February 4 and 18; March 4 and 18; April 1 and 15. 2017 Star Wars Day at Sea Eastern Caribbean sailings will depart on January 14 and 28; February 11 and 25; March 11 and 25; and April 8.
Below is the official list of Star Wars fun that will be held on each of the 2017 Star Wars Day at Sea cruises!
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions, photos and also may be seen patrolling the decks.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face off with Darth Vader.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games, and activities are offered throughout the day in the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- An exciting evening blasts off with a deck party filled with music, a galactic dance party and appearances of Star Wars characters on the deck stage.
- The grand finale is a spectacular display of pyrotechnics, lighting and sound effects set to a medley of Star Wars music.
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, apparel and trading pins.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, including non-alcoholic offerings, as well as snacks, dinner menu items and desserts, please the palates of everyone from Padawans to rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, to be released on Dec. 16, 2016, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars saga.